A 1984 Presidential mandate charged the U.S. Departments of Education and Justice with developing standards for a school to be considered safe – a grouping of 15 performance criteria was created.
Based on 20 of years of experience in school safety, and executive protection, founder and CEO Sean Spellecy worked closely with law enforcement and school administrators to expand this list of performance standards from 15 to 26.
Using a systematic approach, NewDawn works closely with you to embed these 26 performance standards, thus reducing your risk and enhancing your positive reputation amongst all constituents–potentially saving you thousands of dollars in insurance premiums and day to day security expenses, and ultimately freeing you up to focus more on your primary mission of educating students.
Where NewDawn differs from normal security consulting firms is in the following:
1. We are experienced with the day to day challenges that schools face. Our personnel is made up of former teachers, current law enforcement officers, education attorney’s, assistant district attorney’s, and former school principals.
2. We don’t just visit and leave. Our standard contracts are for two years. We assess each standard, train staff, assess our training, test, and re-assess.
3. We prove our value before you pay us a dime. We provide a free risk assessment, safety inspection, and crisis response analysis to determine if we can be of value to you.
4. We are not salesmen. Our approach is refreshing–we sit down with you after we have proven our value, and determine what best fits your level of operation and budget.
5. We guarantee our service. At the end of the contract term we guarantee that you will operate at the highest level of safety and security, and have received all the benefits that accompany such a prestigious level of operation.